UNI2 is a universal controller designed for heating systems equipped with:
- Two central heating circuits with mixing valves (e.g. for heater supply and floor heating)
- Domestic hot water (DHW) circuit
- DHW circulation circuit
Thanks to its grapichal display the Euroster UNI2 cooling-heating controller gives precise and wide ranged information about its continous operation, making it lot easier to set and to check the device. The unit also includes anti-freeze function which prevents malfunctions outcoming of the freezing.
Furthermore the controller is useable for buffer tank and boilers, since it has an overheating protection. During overheating it overrides the signal from the room thermostatic.
Euroster UNI2 cooling-heating controller is equipped with: multifunctional double mixing valve controller,
quick to assemble set, graphical LCD display, advanced microprocessor technology, knowledge of five commander units in one and the thermal sensors.
Controller functions: mixed circles cooling-heating, two thermostat signal receptions, start two mixing valves, start domestic hot water pump, optional operating modes, start circulating pump, outer-temperature sensor, weekly programming option, launch other boiler based on room thermostat, anti-stop function, freeze prevention, overheating prevention.
The heating system controller is equipped with two separate mixing valve and pump controllers, which can be launched by room thermostat signal and tuned by outer temperature signal. Able to receive two separate thermostat signals which are voltage free. The mixing valves can be controlled to heat and cool by a weekly program.
Euroster UNI2 cooling-heating controller provides two other functions: launch domestic hot water pump of which’s operational mode is selectable (primary or secondary) even by weekly programming. Furthermore its able to launch a circulating pump which has great advantages that its launchable in two different operational modes: temperature surveillance or time definition. Both of these even by weekly programming.
+ automatic fail-safe pump control
+ floor temperation
The heating system controller is able to launch other boilers (ex.: gas boiler).
UNI2 example system:
1. External temperature sensor
2. Room control unit for circuit 1
3. Temperature sensor for circuit 1
4. Central heating pump for circuit 1
5. Mixer for circuit 1
6. Supply temperature sensor
7. Room control unit for circuit 2
8. Temperature sensor for circuit 2
9. Central heating pump for circuit 2.
10. Mixer for circuit 2
11. Feed pump for DHW tank
12. Temperature sensor for DHW tank
13. DHW circulation pump
14. Temperature sensor for DHW
UNI2 controller wiring:
Back of the UNI2 controller:
Length of sensors included int he set:
1. Outdoor temperature sensor (5m)
2. Powertemperature sensor (1,5m)
3. CH1 circuit temperature sensor (1,5m)
4. CH2 circuit temperature sensor (1,5m)
5. CH3 circuit temperature sensor (1,5m)
6. Additional heat source temperature sensor (1,5m)
2-way insulated distributor 5/4"
Maximum flow rate up to 7,25 m³/h, 165 kW (Δt20K)
Connection for pump units: 5/4”
Connection for buffer tank: 2”
Insulation box section size: 152x152x625mm
2-way pump unit with 3-way mixing valve 5/4"
2-way pump unit with 3-way mixing valve and servomotor 5/4”
Circulation pump: Grundfos alpha 2L 32-60
DN32 pump units, thanks to a very careful measuring of the specific components, have all the force points of range, such as functional capacity, reliability and versatility of installation.
Dimensions: 250x400x170 mm (EPP insulation box)
Centre distance 125 mm.
They can be connected to heating systems with powers up to 111 kW, with a very low energy consumption assured by high efficiency synchronous circulating pumps Wilo Stratos Para and Grundfos Alpha 2L. the connections to the heating loop or to the distributor are made in 1”1/4 female thread.
For power up to 93 kW (with Δt 20 K)
Maximum flow 4000 l/h
Kvs Value: 13,0.
For an accurate measuring or for higher flows, please refer to the diagram.
The unit for 1”1/4 (180 mm) circulating pumps consists of:
- 3-way mixing valve with electronic servomotor.
- High efficiency synchronous pre-wired circulating pump (for the models that include it).
- Flanged ball valve supplied with in-handle thermometer (coded red, range 0°C-120°C).
- Temperature sensor.
- Flanged ball valve supplied with in-handle thermometer (coded blue; range 0°C-120°C).
- “T” connection with 20 mbar non return valve (ball valve side).
- 5/4” connection.
Available circulating pumps:
Grundfos Alpha 2L 32-60
Wilo Stratos Para 30/1-7
Wilo Stratos Para 30/1-8