The model is battery-powered, with the long-life lithium 3V battery sealed inside the detector to avoid tampering and eliminate the need for maintenance. Approval is to BS EN 50291-1:2010 (domestic applications) and also to BS EN 50291-2:2010 (recreational applications), which covers the use of these detectors in recreational vehicles such as boats and caravans. Each model has an optional low-level alarm function ('Ventilate') which gives an early warning of CO build-up before the full alarm (90dB) level is reached. The XC100 & XC100D have a new and unique 'Action Text' feature which displays text on the front of the unit in the event of an alarm, giving users clear indication of what to do. The XC100D has a multi-function display which can give not only CO concentration readings but can also provide data logging capabilities (alarm memory), an ultra-sensitivity mode that can detect very low levels of CO and information on other units that may be wirelessly connected.
- Attractive, compact design (dimensions 100 x 72 x 36mm)
- Can be used as free-standing or wall-mounted unit
- Rubber-sealed housing protects detector from adverse environmental conditions
- 43 ppm (parts per million) sensitivity activation level
- Alarm indicator Red LED (XC70-EN), Big Alarm Action Message (XC100-EN & XC100D-EN)
- Alarm memory alerts user if CO detected in user's absence
- Detector performs automatic self-test for the electronics every 60 minutes